We are CLOSED Sunday October 11 & Monday October 12 for Thanksgiving
Check out the new schedule on the Children/Teen page
We currently have a limit on class sizes due to COVID-19. Call 905 415 1104 at least one hour prior to reserve your spot for adult evening and weekend classes. We will call you back if the class is full.
Be sure to check the schedule each week as additional classes will be added.
Place your order with Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our schedule will start with a reduced number of classes and build each week until we are running all our classes with all of our teachers. The first week will start with Tim as the only teacher. We are closed Aug 1, 2 & 3 for the Civic Holiday. We will email the kids/teens schedule soon.
PRECAUTIONS IN OUR NEW ENVIRONMENT
1. Please use the hand sanitizer immediately when entering the studio.
2. It is required that you wear a mask. Wash your hands regularly - all soaps are antibacterial.
3. ADULTS in the evening & weekend classes will have to call in at least 1 hour before class to save a spot. Class size is limited. We will call you back if your time is already full. 905-415-1104
4. You will need to bring a mat or towel for all jazz and yoga classes for any time sitting on the floor.
5. We have put 15 minutes between each class to help with the flow.
6. You will need to keep all water bottles and towels directly in front/behind you in the room to avoid grouping.
7. Based on Social Distancing Guidelines, we will not be doing across the floor exercises; you will remain in your allotted “X” space while dancing.
8. Come dressed for class or use the washrooms as our change-room is closed.
9. Please do not bring treats for the other students.
10. The seating is spaced and reduced in the lobby - please wait outside for your ride.
Our NEW summer schedule is now on this website under "Adults" and "Children & Teens", and will be enhanced each week.
I hope this note finds you well and that you are not too bored. Thank you for supporting us as we navigate this challenging situation. The health, safety, and well-being of our students, staff, parents, and audience members will continue to be our highest priority.
I hope you are taking advantage of our free “ATTITUDES master class LIVE” exercises on our Facebook page. If you are not aware, we have been running warm-up classes on-line 4 to 5 times per week. (You do not need to be on Facebook to join, and the previous recordings are still there for you to use).
We will be returning to classes as soon as we get the go-ahead from the government sources.
Thank you to everyone who took advantage of our BIG SALE on cards, memberships, and for those who sent e-transfers for costumes and classes. You have gotten us through some trying times.
All memberships and seasonal programs will be extended the number of weeks that were missed due to the shutdown. Dance cards will always be accepted, as they do not expire.
The Chinese Spring Show at Markham theatre has been re-scheduled to Jan 17, 2021 in the same format as before.
Our Showcase 2020 is being re-scheduled to still happen this year (2020) and will be announced when we know how the safety and timing is going to work. Most tickets for May have already been refunded by the theatre and we will start over again when everything is committed with the theatre.
Just a mention about the small businesses in your area. Our expenses are still basically the same. The amounts are slightly reduced for hydro and gas, but just marginally. Telephone is still the same. Rent is still the same. Although there are government assistance programs, many are not useful for us. Landlords still want their full rent but are being flexible about payments. They do not want to lose 25% of their income and government programs are voluntary. Government loans do not solve the problem, they just extend the debt. These two months are lost income for all service industry businesses. We do not have a product that can be sold when we re-open. It is income we will never recover.
So please keep this in mind when you are out and about ready to spend some money.
If you have the funds, please keep it local so everyone can get on their feet again.
Just a thought.
ATTITUDES master class